Thursday 21 December 2017

How An Alcoholic Can Recover To Success by Megan Riley

The term “rare” is defined as something that is scarce and hard to obtain. For me, rare is a quality. It is a realization that few people have of just how incredible they could be. It is the inner acknowledgment of potential. It is the possession of the drive needed to attain what most people never comprehend. 
My name is Megan. Like most people, I have gone through many phases in my life and, at times, struggled just to survive. One of the toughest struggles I’ve ever had was my addiction to alcohol. I started drinking when I was 11 and wasn’t able to stop until the week before my 24th birthday. Since that time, I have remained active in my recovery and the recovery of others, and it is through my helping others that I have been able to stay strong and sober. It has always been my nature to put friends and family before myself, so getting sober and discovering who I was proved to be a long and, sometimes, painful process. But, it was through this process that I discovered a light I had thought had gone out a long time ago was still burning inside of me. I also learned just how bright it could shine.


Today, even though I’m working a regular 9 – 5 job, I am in the process of writing a new chapter in my life that will involve coaching people and help them reach their dreams and become the best possible versions of themselves. To help make this happen, I recently began working with the Not-In-Stone Project, a non-profit organization that was founded on the belief that no one’s future is carved in stone. This philosophy hit home with me for several reasons. I know that, together, we will be able to help a lot of people who are as lost as I once was, find hope, peace and a way back home again.

That is why a company like Rare is so essential. Both our beliefs are very similar. Rare International makes people want to push themselves in ways that were once foreign to them. It encourages them to push past their comfort zone and discover their core purpose and how to apply it to every aspect of their lives. It shows people that the impossible is possible.

Rare International is a self-empowerment fashion brand, the first of its kind. You can find out more about them on Facebook here, and Twitter here.
Check out the goals of Megan's Not-In-Stone Project here:
Find Megan on Instagram @megz.riley
See the Not-In-Stone Project's Official Website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment